It all starts when you hear, “Can we get one?!”.
I know… I’ve been through that. You have mixed feelings;
A bit of euphoria, thinking “I’ve got this, this will be easy, my family will enjoy this forever!”,
Confusion or fear, wondering if you’re ever going to find the perfect pool for you.
Sometimes even a feeling of being lost can surface as well.
I decided to write this blog post specifically for you. To help you find your way and choose only the things you need in order to achieve that wonderful backyard oasis we all dream about.
- Decide how you will use the pool. Do you want to relax with nature, participate in healthy exercise, or entertain your friends and family? Define the now to help you choose the best location for your pool and decide on the style that meets your needs.
- Consider the financial aspects. If the pool is attractive and not highly specialized, it will be considered an asset. Before work begins you should check with your insurance agent to be sure you have adequate protection. This insurance protection will need to begin immediately. Don’t forget to factor maintenance into the cost of the pool that you choose. Routine pool maintenance will include keeping the water chemically balanced and sanitary, maintaining the support equipment, and cleaning the pool surfaces. At AquaPRO, we have maintenance packages to make things much easier for you.
- Determine yard size and conditions. In addition to your yards’ dimensions, consider your yards’ slope, soil type and accessibility for construction equipment. Pools are easier to build or install when a yard is level. Severe conditions such as steep sloping lots, rocky soil and limited access require special construction and installation considerations and typically add to the overall cost and duration of the project.
- Design your pool. Once you have gone over all conditions as well as determined what your pool will be used for, you can now begin designing your pool. When designing an inground pool you can add customized features. Be sure to design the entire poolscape including decks, water features, and the patio area.
- Consult with the pros. This would be a good idea, as we can determine which size and shape would be an ideal fit for your particular yard as well as determine the possible maintenance costs you will encounter.
- Choose your equipment. By selecting the correct pool supplies, maintaining a gorgeous pool all season long will be an absolute breeze. In addition to choosing maintenance equipment for your pool, you also want to consider safety equipment. Many safety products are available on the market, including water alarms, safety covers and personal safety accessories like life jackets and pool floats.
Now you’ll be hearing, “When is the pool coming!”.
Thanks for the read, I hope it helps at least 1 person in making a decision. A pool really does bring people together.